Please help our Boarding Babies find a loving foster or forever home!
The following animals urgently need foster homes
Click to view Petfinder pages
Aside from regular day-to-day care (feeding, grooming and exercise), the responsibilities of a foster home may include:
- Basic training (housetraining, walking on leash, sit, down)
- Behavior modification (to correct problems such as jumping, mouthing, barking, destructive chewing and dashing through doors)
- Socialization and temperament evaluation (to determine whether the dog is good with different types of people and other animals)
- Typically there are four adoption events per month. We ask that you participate in at least two events per month.
- Please provide two weeks’ notice if you are planning on being out of town. If you could make temporary arrangements with a friend/relative to look after your foster that would be ideal. Our fosters are limited and many are looking after their own fosters.
- Patience, patience, patience. Your foster is coming into a new environment; they may be anxious or excited. Accidents may happen, please be patient with your foster.
- Plenty of playtime and snuggling!
- Medical care (dispensing medication, taking the dog to vet appointments)
- We have discount arrangements with Preferred Veterinary Clinics conveniently located throughout the metro Atlanta area. In the event you need to take your foster to a vet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the name of your foster, your phone number, symptoms or services required, and the approved vet nearest you. We will make an appointment for you.
- Interview prospective adopters and deliver your foster pet to an approved adopter to ensure the home environment will be a good fit for your foster pet. We want to give our foster pets the very best chance for a long and happy life with the forever family that we choose for them.